17 HMR Rifle
The SF-1 is one of our most unique rifles we offer.
The snake fluting is not a straight flute, nor a spiral flute but a hybrid of the two. Its increased surface area allows more heat dissipation than conventional straight flutes but at the same time is more rigid than spiral flutes. A Forward Blow Compensator is then installed to provide recoil free shooting. Its innovative design will also help direct noise downrange.
It has always been our goal to achieve bolt action accuracy from a semi-auto and this begins with the barrel. Our stainless steel barrels feature match bore and chamber tolerances. These dimensions are proprietary to Volquartsen and have evolved from over 25 years of testing. Digital gauging equipment ensures that each barrel meets our stringent criteria.
- Stainless steel CNC-machined receiver
- .920” stainless steel bull barrel threaded into receiver
- Snake fluting
- Forward Blow Compensator (removable)
- TG2000 installed providing a crisp, clean 2lb trigger pull
- Integral Picatinny rail
- Muzzle threaded 1/2 x 28
- Weight shown is for barreled action only